There will be a Yellow Zone Parking Ban this evening, Tuesday, February 3rd beginning at 10 p.m. and ending at 6 a.m., Wednesday, February 4th. During this ban, all vehicles left on City streets within the Yellow Zone during these times will be towed at the owner’s expense.
The Yellow Zone is an area within the downtown business district that is geographically bounded by:
* Commercial Street on the South
* Cumberland Avenue on the North
* Franklin Street on the East
* State Street on the West
The parking ban is in effect within the square area of these four streets.
Yellow Zone parking bans provide Public Works the opportunity to remove snow from the streets and sidewalks in this area improving traffic flow and commerce within the business district.
Vehicles left on City streets after 10:00 PM can be towed at the owner’s expense.
The city offers numerous free options for parking on the peninsula during a snow ban. All vehicle owners must remove their vehicles from these designated areas listed below by 7 a.m. the morning the ban is removed. The city may tow, at the owner’s expense, any vehicle which has not been removed by the 7 a.m. deadline:
* Deering Oaks – on the Tennis Court Road only
* State St. gravel lot abutting Deering Oaks
* Fitzpatrick Stadium parking lot
* Hadlock Field parking lot
* All Portland Public School parking lots except the Reiche School lot which abuts the school and playground
* Cutter St. lots (off the Eastern Prom)
* Beach St. lot accessible from Commercial St. after 8 p.m.
* City lot at the corner of Park and Commercial streets across the street from the IMT (International Marine Terminal)
* Parking lot on Munjoy St. at the former Adams School site
* On Peaks Island, snow ban parking is available at the Welch St. parking lot
* Western Prom – Bowdoin to West Street (waterside)
* Eastern Prom – Turner to East End School property light pole 33 (waterside)
* Marginal Way – Plowman to just before the entrance area to the east End Waste Water treatment Plant (waterside)