West End Photo Show
In the winter, WENA will be sponsoring the 2016 West End Photo Show. The basic guidelines are:
- Photos must be from 2016.
- Photographer must be a resident of the West End.
- Photos must be identifiable as taken in the West End.
- No photos of people or pets.
Get out there with your camera this summer and fall and capture your view of the West End.
Here are a few suggestions for subjects:
- Nature – trees, skies, birds, wild animals
- Gardens – plants, flowers, sculptures
- Structures – doors, windows, entry ways, steps, fences
There will be more details coming out closer to the show on the format and display requirements, but start thinking now about some of these possibilities.
- The Long View – these would be landscapes, looking off to the distance.
- Close In – focusing on individual features, such as leaves, stones.
- Now and Then – comparison photos of the same spot, building, tree, whatever, from today, juxtaposed with the same place in the past. The entrant must have the current photo themselves, but the older one could have been taken by someone else or be from an historical source.
- Collections – a series of photos on one particular topic, for example, graffiti-ed street signs, mail boxes, manhole covers, fire hydrants.
Think how much fun it will be to take a look at these photos in February, 2017! Read the West End News for further details.