Buy Local Events & Membership Opportunities
by Jenn Thompson, Portland Buy Local
February was a busy month at Portland Buy Local, and we have some exciting announcements to share!
Thanks to Maine Yoga Kids for hosting our February mixer at their new location, Rosemont Studio Collective, at 251 Danforth Street. Unwinding with a Sebago beer and local business enthusiasts and owners is the best. Keep an eye out for details on our upcoming April mixer.
We have a member roundtable on staffing coming up on Tuesday, March 21st, held at the Portland Regional Chamber of Commerce’s conference room from noon to 1 p.m. All of our events are free and open to the public, so please join us.
We have begun work for our annual publication, a guide to Portland’s locally owned businesses and nonprofit organizations. Members who join or renew by March 15th will get a free listing in this guide which will reach 25,000 Portlanders and visitors this year! Locally owned and independently operated businesses are welcome to join. In addition, members will enjoy the following benefits:
- Listing in our online & print directories
- Access to local advertising at discounted rates
- Connect and network with Portland’s business owners in our online member forum
- Networking and educational events with other Portland business owners
- Receive marketing materials to identify yourself as locally owned and independent
- Market your special events and news through our website, social media and newsletter (which reach a combined 30,000 Portlanders each month)
- Offer a member-to-member discount and increase your visibility
- Feature gift ideas in our annual Holiday Gift Guide
- Support the advocacy work we do on behalf of Portland’s Independent Businesses
Individuals who are interested in supporting our mission can join as an individual member of our organization for just $25 a year, and will receive a Portland Buy Local canvass tote bag.
Jenn Thompson is the Portland Buy Local Executive Director.